Saturday, October 29, 2016

Review: Fnova Jumping Rope

Product Link: Fnova Jump Rope
Vendor: Fnova
Price: $21.99

I've not use a jump rope since my jump rope broke a few years ago.  I never even thought about getting a replacement since I would go to the gym instead.  I had a Fnova Flask previously and was really happy with it and seeing this Fnova Jump Rope I figured it was a good time to get back to jumping rope for some exercise.

Pros:
  • Long rope that you can adjust to fit different height
  • Extra replacement parts / accessories
  • Lightweight
Cons:
  • Difficult to cut wire

Package Includes:
  • Fnova Jump Rope w/ 2.5mm cable
  • Extra spare code (5mm thick)
  • Replacement parts
  • Bag






When this came in the mail, first impression seriously disappointed.  As mentioned I had a Fnova Flask that came in a box and well packaged.  So seeing this Fnova jump rope in a plastic bag was such the opposite.  I won't rate this negatively against the product but just a little disappointed.  Inside the plastic bag is the Fnova black bag where all contents were placed inside.  Everything was individually bagged and not floating around the Fnova bag which insure things wouldn't be missing. 

There's zero instructions inside the bag so you'll have to figure it out yourself or rely on the product images to help guide you to what to do.  I wished Fnova wrote a quick instructions on how to size the jump rope.  i.e. if you are about x height cut off x length. 

One of the great things about this jump rope is the adjustable cable length.  This meant that you can purchase the rope for a young child or for an adult and not have to worry about them not being able to use this.  Now you can adjust the length by not cutting the wire which meant you would be able to adjust for different heights as needed.  But the problem of not cutting the wire is, if the length is really long, as you jump with it you end up whipping yourself.  (This happened to me and it REALLY hurts).  I would suggest you just cut the wire length (especially if you are giving it to a child to use) just so you don't get hurt.

Now moving onto the wire cutting, its VERY difficult to cut the wire.  I guess this is good since it meant this jump rope won't break easily.  I would suggest you first figure out the length you need then cut the rope.  The easiest method is probably adjust the cable to what you think is the right length, roll up the extra length and tie it up.  Do a couple of jumps to see if it works and then cut the cable.  I would suggest leaving a couple of inches just in case.  Once you cut it you can't stick it back together.

The handle of this jump rope is really thin and a good 6in length. There's a bit of foam in the middle where you would hold.  I felt that because the foam is so soft, my hands don't blister holding onto it tightly in extended use.

Overall, I'm really impressed with this jump rope.  It's so lightweight and easy to handle and use.  The cable don't tangle but does hurt if you allow it to hit you.  This jump rope is definitely much better than the one I used to have and will last a long time.

Product Link: Fnova Jump Rope
Vendor: Fnova
Price: $21.99

Disclosure: I received this Fnova Jump Rope for testing purposes.  I'm not obligated to write positive reviews so my opinions are based on actual usage of the product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment