Friday, October 28, 2016

Review: MaxTeck Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S4


Product Link: MaxTeck Tempered Glass Screen Protector 
Vendor: MaxTeck
Price: $7.95

I've always used a screen protector with my devices since the days of a Sony Clie PDA and the brand I've typically used is Boxwave.  Anytime I get a new smartphone, I go directly to their site and purchase an Anti-Glare screen protector.  But for the last 2 years, I've been hearing of a new type of "Glass" screen protector.  I've always bypassed it because I thought it was a gimmick.  These glass screen protectors costs about 1-3 times more than the norm and I figured it was a way to get people to cough up more money.  Well after using this MaxTeck Glass Screen Protector for my Samsung Galaxy S4, I'm going to say I'm soooo wrong!

Pros:
  • Low cost for a 3 pack
  • Easy installation (if you have used screen protectors before)
Cons:
  • Poor installation instructions

Package Includes:
  • 3 x Glass Screen Protector
  • 3 x Dry & Wet wipes
  • 3 x Dust-absorber & Guide Sticker

The product pictures don't show it but MaxTeck did a really good job with their packaging box.  The outer shell is hard cardboard made into a book format.  Inner right hand is hollow to hold your screen protector and additional accessories.  It's sealed with a tough sticker that's difficult to break.  I tried to pull it apart, used a dull edged letter opener and I couldn't break open that sticker.  I had to get a scissor with a sharp edge to slice through it.  

As previously mentioned I've used screen protectors before so have a good inkling of how to install.  It was simple enough, remove any previous screen protector.  Wipe the screen clean with first the wet wipes then follow up with the dry wipes.  Now I didn't know what to do with the guide sticker & dust absorber that was included.  MaxTeck did a very poor job with explaining it on the printed instruction.  Essentially, you don't remove the plastic sticker on the screen protector yet. (normal screen protector would have you doing this step first)  Instead, you need to first align the screen protector on your screen.  Make sure you pay attention to the home button.  The cutout for home button was pretty much an exact fit.  After you align it, place the guide sticker on the top and bottom of one side (either right or left is fine).  Flip the protector back to one side and remove the plastic sticker.  Then flip the protector back against the screen again.  It should be an exact fit. 


So this is my first "Glass" screen protector and I'm really sold on this.  The glass is very noticeable, it is a bit thicker than the normal film type so you can really feel it.  I was a bit afraid that the touchscreen wouldn't be as responsive, but I was very wrong.  There was no latency or un-responsiveness to my S4 after using the screen protector.  I did take a scissor and lightly scrap it across the screen and it didn't leave any marks.  But, I didn't go all out and try to break it.  This was also marketed it as anti-fingerprint but I'm afraid mine does attract fingerprint.  Although it just needed a good wipe down to clean it out.
Overall, I love this product from MaxTeck The workmanship was perfect.  The cutouts for the home button and the top microphone section was 100% head on.  But because of its exact fit for the cutouts, that means when you are applying the screen protector you need to align it correctly.  I also really lack that they included enough wipes for each screen protector.  Lastly, I think MaxTeck should consider re-writing the instructions.

Product Link: MaxTeck Tempered Glass Screen Protector
Vendor: MaxTeck
Price: $7.95

Disclosure: I received this MaxTeck Glass Screen Protector for testing purposes.  I'm not obligated to write positive reviews so my opinions are based on actual usage of the product. 

2 comments:

  1. Picked this up along with an OtterBox Defender case for my wife's iPhone X. Works great with the case, and the quality is fantastic. Very clear viewing, and installed/adhered to the phone without hassle.
    tempered glass wholesale manufacturers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your articles that you have shared with us. Hopefully you can give the article a good benefit to us.Buy The Iphone Back Case

    ReplyDelete