Sunday, October 9, 2016

Review: Tailor Sewing Soft Measuring Tape

Product Link: Tailor Sewing Soft Measuring Tape
Price: $6.69

I'm no sewer but have always had at least one of these soft tape in the house.  A while ago my tape broke in half and I never had a chance to replace them.  So I was happy to have found these.  These are much better than the ones that are in hard shell casing or a ruler.  They are more transportable and very lightweight.  You can fold them up (similar to how they came) or you can roll them up (what I like to do). It's also great to use when you are measuring odd shaped product.  For example the circumference of a mug, is easily measured with this tape.

Pros:
  • Low cost
  • Portable and Flexible
Cons:
  • Chemical smell

Package Includes:
  • 2 x White w/ Red Font Measuring Tape
  • 2 x White w/ Black Font Measuring Tape
  • 2 x Blue Measuring Tape
  • 2 x Green Measuring Tape
  • 2 x Pink Measuring Tape
  • 2 x Yellow Measuring Tape 
Upon opening the bag and removing all the tapes, I noticed there was a strong chemical smell.  I got some Clorox wipes and wiped down each tape 3 times.  The smell is still there but faintly.  I would suggest washing it with soap and water and air drying to get the smell out.  If you don't want to wash it you can just leave it out in open air for a couple of days and the smell will go away too.

The width of these tapes are slightly smaller than the normal soft measuring tape.  I would say these are about half an inch wide whereas my old tape was about three-quarter of an inch wide.  The material of this is also a little thinner but it's not paper thin to the point that you can break it easily. I did give a slight tug on both end of a tape to see if it broke apart but it didn't.

Overall, the costs for this pack of 12 tapes is really low.  You can throw them in your bag, in your car etc and it won't take up space.  Since they are cheap you won't even be upset if you left them behind at a hardware or furniture store.

Product Link: Tailor Sewing Soft Measuring Tape
Price: $6.69

Disclosure: I received this Tailor Sewing Measuring Tape for testing purposes.  I'm not obligated to write positive reviews so my opinions are based on actual usage of the product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment