Saturday, October 15, 2016

Review: Samtech 4-in-1 Travel Pillow Set

Product Link: Samtech 4-in-1 Travel Pillow Set
Vendor: Samnovo Store
Price: $6.97
Color Available: Pink, Sky Blue, Blue, Light Grey, Rose Red, Wine Red

I travel a few times a year domestically and internationally.  Some trips are about 2hrs whereas others can go up to 16hrs.  In the past I use the memory foam pillow which was great to sleep on.  Unfortunately they take up space when not in use.  The Samtech inflatable pillow would help resolve this. 

Pros:
  • Extremely portable and doesn'take up much space
  • Feels nice to touch
Cons:
  • Takes a bit more effort to inflate
  • Leaks air after a while
Package Includes:
  • Inflatable Travel Pillow
  • Inflator
  • Eye Mask
  • Ear plug






This Samtech products comes in a soft light blue zipper bag.  Inside the bag is a small inflator and also another box.  When you remove everything from both the bag and box you get all your 4-in-1 items.  Upon taking out the products I tossed the blue zipper bag into the garbage.  It arrived extremely dirty and I just wasn't comfortable with using it.


The travel pillow had a distinct smell.  I can't point my finger at it but I did wash the pillow first and left it in sun to dry.  I used the inflator to pump up the pillow.  It took about 100 tries (switching between right and left hands).  The total time was about 2 minute.  The beginning was a little slow.  I think I squeeze that inflator about 20 times before it seemed like it was gaining air.  But then it sped up a little about half-way through.  The good thing about inflatables, it leaves the firmness of the pillow up to you to decide.  

I also washed the eye mask before using it.  It's nothing special just any cheap eye mask you can find anywhere.  The ear plugs I didn't test because they looked about the same as any other pair of ear plugs.  I'll use this when I go on my next flight.

Overall, this is a good product that you are receiving.  I think Samtech can improve on the packaging a little more and see if there is anyway to make the inflator a little smaller.  Currently I inflate the pillow by breathing air into it.  Carrying a decent sized inflator that takes about 100 tries to pump the pillow up just doesn't make sense when I'm trying to minimize carry-on space.  Lastly, it would also be nice for them to include a small pouch that would hold everything folded up.

Product Link: Samtech 4-in-1 Travel Pillow Set
Vendor: Samnovo Store
Price: $6.97
Color Available: Pink, Sky Blue, Blue, Light Grey, Rose Red, Wine Red

Disclosure: I received this Samtech 4-in-1 Travel Pillow Set for testing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment