Saturday, October 8, 2016

Review: Ohuhu Garden Kneeler

Product Link: Ohuhu Garden Kneeler
Vendor: Ohuhu Direct
Price: $32.99

Received my Ohuhu Garden Kneeler / Seat and was really excited to try it out in my small garden. In the past, I typically used a 1-step step stool to sit on but had to constantly bend over which was back breaking pain when done for prolong period.

Pros:
  • Easy storage / portable
  • Multi purpose (i.e. use as kneeler or chair)
Cons:
  • Foam seating could be thicker (i.e. more padded) 

Package Includes:
  • Ohuhu Garden Kneeler
  • Tool Pouch
  • Instruction


So package arrived in a long rectangular brown box with the folded up Garden Kneeler inside. There were no special retail packaging. I guess it makes sense since you cut down on the cost of having to do special boxes. The kneeler came folded in a flimsy thin plastic bag with a one page instruction sheet.




Remove the kneeler from the plastic bag and you have your green kneeler. I guess Ohuhu was trying to keep to the Garden theme by using green (painted?) metal + green foam + green tool bag.



The instructions was a pager with diagrams + written instructions. I had to refer back to it to figure out how to fold the legs up for storage. Otherwise the unfolding was pretty much a no-brainer.

The green tool bag is attached to the handle with velcro. It comes pre-attached to the seat side. If you want to use this as a kneeler, you'll have to remove the tool bag and put it on the opposite handle side. Re-arranging is literally a 30 sec job and easily done.  I know this was considered "free" as part of the package, but I wish they had put a little more thought to it. The tool bag was a bit narrow and I felt not long enough. So the tools will tip over / not everything will fit in it. Also since it's attached by velcro, I thought after a period of time the velcro might come loose.


The Garden Kneeler / Seat unfolded its about 18" tall if you are sitting on it. There is a thick foam pad on each side and sandwich between it, is a thick metal plate. This makes up the seat. You need the foam on both side since you utilize either side based on kneeler or seat usage. The handles on the side is most useful when its' in the kneeling position. When kneeling for prolonged period, it's always tough to get up without falling over. The handles gives you the support you need to push and stand up without falling.  In addition, for extended kneeling periods, I would suggest wearing long pants versus shorts / dress. This will give you extra cushion on top of the foam. I may end up buying some thick fabric and sewing a removable seat cover that can wrap around both sides this will provide extra cushion for sitting/kneeling.

For seating purposes, it definitely does the job and feels pretty sturdy. I did wish the seating area was a big wider so you can sit fully on it. Since this doesn't have a seat back, it's not to be treated like a lounge chair. To fold it back up, you need to push and hold the release rod that's located between the handle and seat on each side. This was not very intuitive, and I had to refer back to the instructions. A little force is needed to be applied to push and hold the rod while you bend the legs.

Overall, I'm really impressed with this product. I've seen this as a "As Seen On TV" product and have been skeptical of it. But having used it now, I would highly recommend it for people who have a garden to work in.


Product Link: Ohuhu Garden Kneeler
Vendor: Ohuhu Direct
Price: $32.99

Disclosure: I received this Ohuhu Garden Kneeler for testing purposes.  I'm not obligated to write positive reviews so my opinions are based on actual usage of the product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment